We’re all short on time. It’s just a fact of life. My kids love a homemade meal every single night, but it gets exhausting! Here are some of my favorite shortcuts when cooking (especially desi food!)
- Soak kidney beans for at least two hours before cooking, then cook in the pressure cooker
- Use pre-made ginger-garlic paste
- Grind tomatoes so they will cook down faster
- Marinate different meats and freeze for quick weeknight meals (lamb chops, chicken wings, legs, etc.)
- Make dough for roti in the KitchenAid Mixer! (This is my favorite hack, and I have not made atta by hand in YEARS!)
- Brown chicken while making the base (tarka)
What are some of your favorite hacks to get meals on the table faster?